We are big fans of cereal bars in our house – my husband has them for breakfast and my son loves them as a snack. But they are so expensive over here compared to the UK! I had been searching the internet for some new breakfast ideas when I came across this recipe for Homemade Cereal Bars and thought we could have a go at making some. They are extremely easy to make and only require 3 ingredients.
Cereal serving of your choice (or do a mixture!)
2 tbsp of mini marshmallows
- Spray the inside of a microwave safe bowl with cooking spray
- Pour the cereal and marshmallows into the bowl
- Microwave for 30 seconds
- Mix cereal and marshmallows together until they are combined
- Allow the mixture to sit in the bowl for 1-2 minutes so the marshmallows can harden up
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into a rectangle. If they are not sticking together then wait a couple more minutes for the marshmallows to harden some more
You can make these cereal bars in so many different ways with different cereal and different toppings – rice krispies, cheerios, weetos, chez, frosties, cornflakes, coco pops, sugar puffs and you could add sprinkles, chocolate chips, honey, chocolate sauce, dried fruit, nuts etc…..the list goes on!
Tip: You could make a batch of these on the weekend and you will have quick readymade breakfasts for the whole week.