Oscar and I tend to do some baking together at least once a week, usually making some kind of cookies or cakes but the past couple of weeks with a mix of school holidays and with being so busy toilet training we haven’t made anything. So after finding a great (and easy!) recipe from Money Saving Mom last week I decided it was time for us to get baking again this weekend!
This recipe is ridiculously easy and it took all of 5 minutes to get the ingredients measured out and ready for Oscar to start mixing and dividing out the mixture into our cupcake cases. They taste delicious, and with having lots of chocolate chips in them, my little man thinks they are great too!
1 and 1/2 cups oats (old fashioned or quick oats)
2 and 2/3 cups flour (white, wholewheat or a mixture of both) – we used half white and half wholewheat
2/3 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 and 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup olive oil or butter
170g (6 ounces) chocolate chips
What we did:
- Combine the oats, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk and oil.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake or muffin cases 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden.
*Makes approximately 18 regular sized muffins.