Oscar’s favourite food or meal when he was weaning had to be cauliflower cheese. I remember making batches and batches of it to freeze and reheat for him as it was such a hit! After he was weaning for a few months, I even started adding some chicken to his cauliflower cheese to get that bit of protein and meat in there. So I knew I just had to try Millie with some cauliflower cheese a few weeks ago, and just like Oscar, she is a massive fan!
Its quick to make and is made even better that you can make a big batch of it and freeze it. Perfect for those busy days!
150g cauliflower florets
25g grated cheese
- Steam the cauliflower until tender, about 7 minutes.
- To make the cheese sauce; melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour. Whisk in the milk until you have a smooth white sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Add the cauliflower to the pan and stir.
- Puree in a blender until smooth or mash the cauliflower for older babies.
* This recipe is suitable for freezing. To serve, defrost and heat in the microwave.