Millie has really been enjoying the banana pancakes that I made her a few weeks back and I love that it made such a huge batch that was suitable for freezing so she tends to have the pancakes with some fruit 3 or 4 times a week. With her love of pancakes a couple of weeks ago I decided to try a new recipe for pancakes so she could have a bit of variety. I found this potato pancake recipe on New Zealand Baby and hoped that my little pancake lover would like them, and I was right! She seemed the enjoy the savoury potato pancake just as much as her banana pancakes and eat 2 of them along with some diced apple in no time! To include a bit of variety you could even top the pancakes with some savoury toppings like cheese, vegetables or some savoury spreads. Or change the salt in the recipe for some different spices. However, they are just as tasty on their own…I may of had one myself too!
3 potatoes, medium sized
3 tbsp flour
pinch of salt
- Peel the potatoes. Then either diced or shred (we diced) the potatoes and cook them until they are just tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes (without any milk or butter)
- Combine the mash with the eggs, flour and salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan, medium heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and turn once they are golden on the underside.
- When both sides are golden, remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding more oil when necessary.
* Our mixture made 6 decent sized pancakes and are suitable for freezing.