Recently my little blog got nominated for not one, but TWO Liebster Awards by the very lovely Triona from A Little Londoner and super mum Becky from 3 Princesses and 1 Dude. I love both their blogs; Becky has 4 children but still manages to do SO many arts and crafts at home with them as well cook yummy Slimming World meals AND she has a great sense of humour – which shows in her posts on 3 Princesses and 1 Dude. Triona’s blog A Little Londoner is definitely one of my favourite blogs, I love her child-friendly and adult recipes, her reviews and of course the lovely updates on beautiful Amelia! I recommend both their blogs for other mums to have a read of, they are both on my reading list each day 🙂 And thank you both for nominating Expat Family Q8!
So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is basically a nomination from a fellow blogger who appreciates and enjoys your writing. It is something you should pay forward and keep it going similar to a chain letter.
The rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for these bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
11 facts about me:
1) I have 2 lovely children; Oscar who turned 3 a couple of weeks ago and Millie who is 9 months.
2) I have lived in Kuwait for 4 years with my husband. We are both from the UK (Liverpool and Manchester).
3) I see Kuwait as ‘home’ more than the UK now as it is the place where my children were born and the place where we have made a ‘home’ for them. Although I miss the UK massively and the little luxuries like British food, restaurants, different places to visit and of course my parents!
4) I love travelling and visiting new places. I’m hoping once the kids are a bit older we can visit a few more places on our ‘list’!
5) Before moving to Kuwait I worked as a supervisor in Iceland (the supermarket) whilst at University studying Tourism and Leisure Management.
6) My favourite food would be Chinese or Lebanese. And chocolate, obviously!
7) I started my blog almost a year ago now. It was mainly to ‘cure’ the boredom when we stayed in Kuwait last summer with Oscar was an energetic toddler and heavily pregnant with Millie. It was too hot for outdoor activities so I started to encourage myself mainly to do more stuff at home and force myself to find more things to do in Kuwait!
8) I am an only child. When I was younger I really would of liked a brother or sister, but now it doesn’t bother me so much.
9) My ideal ‘me-time’ would be spending a couple of hours on Pinterest! I am obsessed!
10) I love shopping. I could easily spend hours and hours at the malls here in Kuwait if I had endless pot of money! But I much prefer shopping in the UK as its much cheaper and there tends to be a bigger selection in my favourite shops in the UK!
11) Before moving to Kuwait the only thing I had cooked would of been some pasta and now I love cooking, especially stuff for Oscar and Millie.
1.What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
Favourite time of day would be mornings or nap time 😉 Day of the week would be the weekend and month of the year depends on if we are in Kuwait or not; whilst in Kuwait I love October/November time the weather is perfect. But in the UK I obviously love the summer months.
2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
I don’t listen to music often at home really but in the car it would probably be a Michael Buble CD.
3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
‘Remember the small things as they are often the big things’
4. Who would be your 5 dream guests at a dinner party?
My family 🙂 Oh and I wouldn’t mind Michael Buble there singing to us! 😉
5. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Lots of Michael Buble, Westlife and Elton John’s I Guess Thats Why They Call It The Blues as its mine and my husbands song 🙂
6. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
I think it was the last episode of Derek that we watched a couple of weeks ago.
7. What is your first memory?
Maybe something from nursery days?
8. What story does your family always tell about you?
I can’t really recall any to be honest.
9. Whats the biggest fib you have ever told?
Hmm…i’m not sure!
10. Silliest/stupidest/funniest thing you have done when tipsy drunk? Do you remember it?
I’m not a silly drunk really and I haven’t had a drink for ages now!
11. Just Where IS Wally?
I have no idea!
The bloggers I nominate for the Liebster Award:
- Leandra from Larabee
- Raman from Toddler Tales
- Jess from Tribe of Five
- Kerry from Oh So Amelia
- Clare from Clare’s Little Tots
My questions to you are:
1) What made you start blogging?
2) What is your favourite holiday destination and why?
3) Have you ever wanted to live in a different country?
4) If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
5) What do you enjoy doing in your ‘me-time’ or free-time?
6) Whats the best thing about being a mum and the hardest?
7) What would be your ‘dream’ job?
8) What is your favourite song and why?
9) Whats behind the name of your blog?
10) Where would you like to be in five years?
11) Do you have any regrets?
Sorry if you have been nominated before! I look forward to reading your answers and seeing the award passed along to some more bloggers 🙂